First burn with core 3
I mentioned in an earlier post that I was going to take my CDBurner machine (currently W2k) and make it dual boot, with a view to seeing if burning CDs was as easy in Linux.
Well Ive just done my first burn with Linux (about 120megs of data, in 5 files) to a cdrom, using a fresh install of Fedora Core 3. All I can say is that it worked brilliantly !! I placed a blank disk in the drive and it placed "Blank CDROM" icon on the desktop and opened up a window, I just dragged the files into it and from the menu chose "write to disk".
It was a piece of cake! I didnt realise it was that easy, hmmm. Now all I need to find out is if burning ISOs is as easy - if it is, then thats one less Windows machine in my home ! Hooray !

2 Comments:
Burning an ISO: find the ISO file, right click, and say "Write to CD". That's it. Even easier :)
Aq.
By
Anonymous, at 10:49 am
Well thats the end of Windows on that box then. Brilliant.
By
Ade, at 1:27 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home