Mr Paranoia
It seems that Im the only person in the whole world that is concerned that there is going to be a big virus or network worm in the Linux world and that its gonna hit hard because we are too complacent. The only other people that would seem to agree are the people who write anti-virus software for Linux and you would be right to question their objectivity.
.
Ive just read an article that basically states that Linux anti-virus software is a "solution looking for a problem" - I do so hope that they are right. Maybe its just that Ive spent so many years working with flawed operating systems that I almost instinctivly want to patch on a weekly (if not daily) basis.
.
Call me Mr Paranoid I guess

3 Comments:
Newsforge have an interesting article on this at http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/12/01/2329229
mrben
By
Anonymous, at 9:25 am
Just discovered another Linux virus scanner:
http://jodrell.net/projects/aegis
Worth a look....
mrben
By
Anonymous, at 6:54 am
Thanks for the links, really interesting stuff
By
Ade, at 9:50 am
Post a Comment
<< Home