so long Fedora, its been fun
My time with Fedora is coming to an end it seems. Fedora have made a really silly decision regarding kernel source in Core 3, which means that to get the kernel source in any kind of useful form, you now have to jump through lots of hoops (see here, about 1/3rd down)
One of the reasons I didn't move to Ubuntu before was because I couldn't work out how to get the current kernel source onto the machine ("apt-get install kernel-source" didn't get the current version). Thanks to Schwuk I now know how to do this - its "apt-get install linux-source", so Ubuntu here I come it seems.
Goodbye Fedora, its was good but we`ve grown apart - its not you, its me.

1 Comments:
Certainly seems that way, I mean I still have Fedora on my laptop but my desktop is going to be Ubuntu.
I shall have to leave it to Matt to carry the Fedora torch :-)
By
Ade, at 6:16 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home